Just imagine a nice hot summers day, (you may have to use your imagination a bit.)But with the BBQ set to Indirect heat and a nice cold beer in your hand tending the coals while the friends and family are enjoying the company. This is what summer BBQing is all about.
These wings are very sticky, Cheesy and spicy and can be substituted with chicken breasts or thighs. or any cut of chicken really, Just make sure you have plenty of napkins or paper towels to hand.
Lets face it, anything with chicken is gonna taste good and anything with cheese is gonna taste good , so by definition cheesy chicken wings are gonna taste awsome, and they sure do
A smoke bomb with wood chips and Rosemary leaves in that has been soaked in water for at least 30 minutes. I use an old tin with holes in the lid. although a tin foil packet works just as well
2 Good Glugs of Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Hosin Sauce
1 Tbsp Cajun Spice rub
12 Chicken Wings
2-3 Hand fulls of Grated Mature Cheddar
- Set your Kettle Type BBQ for indirect cooking.
- Mix all ingredients except for the wings and cheese in a bowl to make a marinade.
- Add the wings to the marinade and cover in the fridge for at least an hour. (overnight is better)
- lay the chicken wings on the BBQ so that there are no gaps between them but spread out enough to make maximum surface area but away from the hot coals and put the lid on for 1 hour, and place the smoke bomb directly over the coals.
- Remove the lid and repaint the wings with the remainder of the marinade, and recover with the lid for a further 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and scatter the grated cheese evenly over the wings and replace the lid for a further 10 minutes till the cheese has melted