In need of a hug? Feeling under the weather? Or just need something tasty
Chicken soup has acquired the reputation of a folk remedy for colds and influenza, and in many countries is considered a comfort food.
Goes well with:
- 100g Potatoes.(peeled and chopped small)
- 2 Sticks Celery.
- 1 Medium Carrot
- 1 Knob of Butter.
- 1Large Onion.
- 1 Bunch Parsley.
- 1 chicken carcass.
- 1 ltr Chicken stock.
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 150ml Cream (for cream of chicken soup)
- Roughly chop the celery, carrot and onion and sweat in the butter for 10 minutes.
- Poor in the Stock and add the carcass and potatoes
- Season and simmer for 30-40 minutes check your seasoning and remove the bones and blitz with a food processor or stick blender to the consistency you desire.
- Season again and add chopped parsley, Oregano and Thyme and simmer for a further 10 minutes
- Serve with cream or double cream.
- As an alternative you can poor the soup through a muslin cloth to give a clear type soup without losing flavour.
- or add a little heavy cream and blitz the lot to make a smooth cream of chicken soup