For this ribs recipe you will need plenty of paper towels for after you have eaten.
I always like to try different spice blends. This time the rub was applied an hour before putting on the BBQ.
A BBQ sauce was applied during the last hour.
Goes well with:
1 Side of belly pork, skin off
For the Rub
1 Tbsp Black Pepper
2 Tbsp Cumin Seeds
1 Tbsp Fennel Seeds
3 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
5 Tbsp Soft Brown Sugar
For the BBQ Sauce
good splash of Cider viniger
2 tspn Mustard Powder
2 Chillis (finely sliced)
- Mix all the rub ingredients in a bowl and then rub the mixture into the ribs
- Leave for at least an hour wrapped in cling flim
- Set the BBQ for indirect cooking and at about 150 degrees
- Put the ribs onto the BBQ for around 3 hours till the internal temperature reaches 95 degrees c
- Wrap in tinfoil with half a pint of cider and seal as best you can for an hour
- Put all the BBQ sauce ingredients in a small pan and bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes
- Unwrap the ribs and baste with the sauce every 15 minutes till its all used up
- Remove from the heat and serve.