Home is where the soup is, when winters icy grip grabs you, reach for a bowl of soup, and there is no better comfort food than chicken and mushroom soup.
Goes well with:
400g Button Mushrooms.
2 Sticks Celery.
1 Medium Carrot.
1 Knob of Butter.
1 Bunch Parsley.
1 Handfull Dried Mixed Mushrooms.
1 ltr Chicken stock.
1 Chicken Carcase.
- Roughly chop the button mushrooms, celery and onion and sweat in the butter for 10 minutes.
- Poor in the Stock, Chicken carcase and add the dried mushrooms.
- Season and simmer for 30-40 minutes check your seasoning and remove the bones and blitz with a food processor or stick blender to the consistency you desire.
- Season again and add chopped parsley.
- Serve with cream or double cream.
- As an alternative you can poor the soup through a muslin cloth to give a clear type soup without losing flavour.